Utrecht – Feyenoord Prediction and Tips for today, April 11, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- European hopefuls Utrecht have the form behind them to cause Feyenoord problems after winning eight of their last 11 Eredivisie games (D1, L2), but the stumbling block to another victory could come from the dugout – manager René Hake is winless in six personal H2Hs vs Feyenoord (D1, L5), witnessing his side on the day fail to score in four!
- After picking up just four of the last 12 available home points (W1, D1, L2) expect a potential topsy-turvy affair as the team that’s scored first has failed to win eight of Utrecht’s 14 home league games, with the hosts themselves failing to win five of nine here in which they netted first (W4, D4, L1). However, they’ve also picked up five of a possible 15 points when conceding first (W1, D2, L2).
- Feyenoord are out of the title race after winning only two of their last five matches (D2, L1), but look set for the play-offs. Despite their recent wobbly form, Feyenoord have been ruthless in victory with 12 of 14 Eredivisie wins featuring a 2+ goal margin.
- However they’re winless in seven competitive away games (D3, L4) and are yet to win as away league outsiders this term (D1, L3). However despite that poor record, Feyenoord cannot be written off as they’ve picked up a league-high 11 points when conceding the opener on the road (W3, D2, L3).
- Players to watch: Sander van de Streek scored three goals across Utrecht’s last four league wins, though none were match openers – he scored here in a 3-2 H2H victory back in 2018/19. Following Bryan Linssen’s towering effort last time out, no player has scored more headers in the Eredivisie than the Feyenoord man since the start of 2018/19 (14).
- Hot stat: Feyenoord boss Dick Advocaat is unbeaten in 15 of his 19 personal H2Hs with Utrecht (W11, D4, L4) – four of the last five saw both teams score.
|Head-to-head matches: UTRECHT – FEYENOORD|
|29.11.20||ERE||Feyenoord||Utrecht||1 : 1|
|22.12.19||ERE||Utrecht||Feyenoord||1 : 2|
|18.08.19||ERE||Feyenoord||Utrecht||1 : 1|
|31.03.19||ERE||Utrecht||Feyenoord||3 : 2|
|20.12.18||KNV||Feyenoord||Utrecht||1 : 0|