Match Preview: West Brom 3-0 Southampton Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
West Brom – Southampton Prediction and Tips for today, April 12, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 31
Kick-off: 18:00 West Brom – Southampton
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- West Bromwich Albion’s shock 5-2 win last weekend reignited hopes that club boss Sam Allardyce can keep his famous CV clean of top-flight relegations. However, the ‘Baggies’ ended Easter eight points behind the side in 17th, and with just six points (of a possible 42) recovered after lost first halves in league action this term, a poor start would likely represent further misery.
- The hosts’ last four Premier League (PL) home fixtures (W1, D2, L1) have produced an average of just one goal per game. In addition, the Sandwell outfit have scored 2+ goals in just one of their last 13 home league games (W2, D4, L7), and a late comeback – if required – seems unlikely, with West Brom failing to score later than 70th minute at home all season.
- On similar lines, Southampton haven’t scored a PL goal at any venue after the 70th minute since December 13. However, a recent comeback win against Burnley (Apr 4) all but eradicated any lingering relegation worries. An FA Cup semi-final looms large, but Southampton will be eager to further improve upon their win/draw rate of 72.73% as PL match favourites.
- The visitors have won just one of their last nine away league games (W1, D2, L6), with that victory coming against another bottom-three side. However, the ‘Saints’ have lost on only one of their last six competitive visits here (W4, D1, L1), meaning that they should travel in expectant mood, especially after winning both halves in October’s H2H.
- Players to watch: West Brom’s Matheus Pereira scored twice vs Chelsea at Easter, with the strikes (45’-HT) coming just two minutes and 46 seconds apart. Southampton’s own talisman Danny Ings netted against Burnley a day later, and the ‘Saints’ have now lost in only one of his last seven goalscoring PL appearances (W5, D1, L1).
- Hot stat: Sixteen (94.12%) of the 17 prior PL H2Hs have separated the teams by a margin of under 1.5 goals at HT.
|Head-to-head matches: WEST BROM – SOUTHAMPTON|
|04.10.20||PL||Southampton||West Brom||2 : 0|
|17.02.18||FAC||West Brom||Southampton||1 : 2|
|03.02.18||PL||West Brom||Southampton||2 : 3|
|21.10.17||PL||Southampton||West Brom||1 : 0|
|08.04.17||PL||West Brom||Southampton||0 : 1|