Match Preview: Huddersfield 1-2 Bournemouth Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Huddersfield – Bournemouth Prediction and Tips for today, April 13, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 38
Kick-off: 17:30 Huddersfield – Bournemouth
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Huddersfield Town remain vulnerable to relegation, despite losing just once across seven games (W1, D5, L1). Slow starts and low scoring remain strong themes, as four of those seven witnessed goalless first halves and six produced under 2.5 total goals, although the lone exception (0-7) was Huddersfield’s worst league defeat since November 1987.
- Despite being very worthy of their ‘outsiders’ tag, the ‘Terriers’ have a respectable home record, picking up 68.18% of their Championship points (30/44) in home fixtures, including an unbeaten five-game sequence (W1, D4). In line with their overall theme, the last four draws in that sequence produced under 2.5 total goals, with three witnessing goalless first halves.
- After four straight Championship wins, each with at least a two-goal margin, Bournemouth see their promotion playoff charge going in the right direction. A fifth league win on the spin, for the first time since December 2014, might well come while scoring first, considering their 72.73% win-rate in corresponding Championship matches (W16, D5, L1).
- Should that be the case, the ‘Cherries’ will win consecutive away league H2H wins for the first time since October 1990. There won’t be any shortage of early intent though, as Bournemouth have scored exactly once before HT in their last three away Championship games, following seven HT scoring blanks in eight corresponding previous matches.
- Players to watch: Fraizer Campbell has been Huddersfield’s first scorer with six of his seven Championship goals, three of which have come within ten minutes. Meanwhile, of Bournemouth’s last 15 Championship goals, Arnaut Danjuma has assisted four and scored six, three arriving before the half-hour mark.
- Hot stat: Five of Bournemouth’s last seven Championship away games won/lost have come via a single-goal margin.
|Head-to-head matches: HUDDERSFIELD – BOURNEMOUTH|
|12.12.20||CHA||Bournemouth||Huddersfield||5 : 0|
|09.03.19||PL||Huddersfield||Bournemouth||0 : 2|
|04.12.18||PL||Bournemouth||Huddersfield||2 : 1|
|11.02.18||PL||Huddersfield||Bournemouth||4 : 1|
|18.11.17||PL||Bournemouth||Huddersfield||4 : 0|