Match Preview: Rotherham 0-1 Coventry Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Rotherham – Coventry Prediction and Tips for today, April 15, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 36
Kick-off: 19:00 Rotherham – Coventry
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- A hectic week for Rotherham United continues as they play the second of three games within a six-day period, after getting off to a great start with a 3-1 victory on Tuesday. That sets this game up as pivotal in their relegation survival bid against a Coventry City side that they would leapfrog out of the relegation zone with a win here. Worryingly though, Rotherham have lost two of their last three games vs fellow promoted sides by a 2+ goal margin, and haven’t won back-to-back matches since February.
- Rotherham’s 3-1 comeback win here ended a hapless five-game losing streak at home, although they’ve now conceded the opening goal in their last six here. Notably, Rotherham have conceded first in a joint league-high 13 home games (68.42%) and have registered just five of a possible 39 points when doing so (W1, D2, L10).
- Coventry City have been plagued by inconsistency of late, evidenced by the fact that each of their last ten league games saw a different result from the last (W3, D2, L5). They are unbeaten in all three of their matches vs fellow promoted sides this term though (W2, D1), scoring twice before HT in both victories, as they head into this ‘must-not-lose’ game.
- However, Coventry’s paltry 11-point away haul is the division’s worst (W2, D5, L13), and you have to go back to their opening game of 2021 to find their last road victory. In fact, the ‘Sky Blues’ are often brought crashing down to earth in away league games, as they’ve conceded first in a joint league-high 17 trips (D4, L13).
- Players to watch: Freddie Ladapo equalised and put Rotherham’s ahead within three minutes last time out, though he’s not been on the winning side in seven of his last nine scoring appearances. Meanwhile, Leo Østigård scored his first goal for Coventry in their recent victory, however only two Championship players have received more than the defender’s nine yellow cards.
- Hot stat: The starting match favourite is unbeaten in 85% of Coventry’s league games this season (W22, D12, L6).
Match Preview: Eintracht Frankfurt - Rangers Prediction and Betting Tips | EUROPA LEAGUE
Match Preview: Southampton 1-2 Liverpool Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Sampdoria 4-1 Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Bologna 1-3 Sassuolo Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A