Blackburn – Derby Prediction and Tips for today, April 16, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- If considering matches from just the start of February (W1, D5, L9), Blackburn Rovers would be sitting bottom of the Championship, so they will be nervous that they’re slipping down the table at the wrong time. Frustratingly, eight of those nine recent losses came by just a slim single-goal margin.
- Home form isn’t any better with Rovers winning just once across their last ten Championship matches here (W1, D5, L4). Low-scoring is a distinct possibility too, as eight of those featured under 2.5 goals, whilst Blackburn failed to score in the last three. Scoring first could be the way back to better form though, as Blackburn are unbeaten in Championship home games when scoring first (W5, D2).
- Complementing that, Derby County remain winless when conceding first in the Championship (D2, L20). The struggling visitors sit four points closer to the relegation zone than their hosts thanks to a run of just one win across their previous ten Championship games (W1, D3, L6). That sequence saw the ‘Rams’ fail to score in six games, contributing to their league-low failure to score rate of 48.78% this season – which includes a 4-0 reverse fixture loss.
- It gets worse on the road, with just one point and two goals from their last six Championship road trips (D1, L5). Grabbing the match opener appears the way out of that rut, as Derby have an unbeaten Championship away record when going 1-0 up (W5, D2).
- Players to watch: Final goal specialist Adam Armstrong has netted Blackburn’s last strike in 11 of his 15 Championship scoring games, including the reverse fixture – seven of which arrived beyond the 80th minute. In contrast, Colin Kazim-Richards has netted Derby’s first strike with five of his seven Championship goals.
- Hot stat: Just one of the last ten Championship H2Hs witnessed goals at both ends. The home team on the day kept a clean sheet in eight.