Brentford – Cardiff Prediction and Tips for today, April 20, 2021
Brentford – Cardiff Match Preview
- Unbeaten for seven straight games and conceding first just once during this run (W2, D5), Brentford’s promotion campaign now appears to hinge on the play-offs. The ‘Bees’ have kept three straight shutouts (and 14 this Championship campaign) following a 0-0 last time out, in what was their fifth goalless draw this term.
- However, each of Brentford’s last five home H2Hs have produced over 2.5 goals and featured both teams score (W2, D1, L2), so another 0-0 looks unlikely. That said, this game may take a while to get going considering 55.0% of Brentford’s Championship home games this term have been level at the break (HT: W7, D11, L2), and only three first-half match goals have been netted across their last five here (W2, D3).
- Winless for four on the bounce, Cardiff City’s play-off hopes look all but over and will be ended completely if they fail to win. The ‘Bluebirds’ have also won only one of their last eight games and this was by just a slim one-goal margin. Subsequently, 17 of their Championship matches this season have now been won or lost by one-goal margins.
- However, Cardiff have lost just one of their last ten awaydays (W5, D4, L1) and have scored an average of 1.14 goals per away league outing this term. Additionally, the ‘Bluebirds’ haven’t lost a Championship road trip when they’ve netted first (W8, D2), and by extension, are unbeaten away in the league when leading at HT (W6, D1).
- Players to watch: As Brentford’s 29-goal Ivan Toney has only scored in one of his last four appearances, it could be Bryan Mbeumo who worries the visitors as he’s scored first-half goals in two of his last three H2Hs. Up against them is Cardiff’s Will Vaulks who scored a brace in the reverse fixture, and netted the opener two matchdays ago.
- Hot stat: A healthy 62.75% of the all-time competitive H2Hs saw both teams score.