Millwall – Bournemouth Prediction and Tips for today, April 21, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 43
Kick-off: 18:00 Millwall – Bournemouth
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Millwall – Bournemouth Match Preview
- A league-high 17th draw of the season last round marked two winless games without a goal and all but mathematically ended Millwall’s faint play-off aspirations. Nonetheless, they’re still aiming to secure a top-eight place for the third-straight season, as boss Gary Rowett searches for his first ever managerial victory over this opposition (D1, L3). Often falling short against the better sides, Millwall are winless versus the top six this season (D7, L3).
- Ten of those 17 draws came at home, although none were in the last five (W3, D2). Subsequently, they’ve accrued less points at home than away (28 vs 31) and with eight of their last ten home league games seeing just one or neither side score – and 16 matches producing under 2.5 goals – it’s hardly surprising that only two games here have seen a comeback win (of any kind), although both were achieved by Millwall.
- Bournemouth have a seven-point cushion inside the play-offs thanks to a six-match winning streak in league action bookended by a win at table-toppers Norwich. They can confirm a play-off place by claiming a seventh straight league victory for the first time since April 2013, combined with a Reading defeat versus Luton.
- It’s also five road trips unbeaten for Jonathan Woodgate’s side (W4, D1), with two of those wins arriving despite conceding first. With six of their eight away league victories this term producing over 2.5 match goals, including five with both teams scoring, goals could be forthcoming despite Millwall’s propensity for low scoring games here (1.81 per game on average).
- Players to watch: Millwall’s Jed Wallace scored the opening goal in two of their last four home league victories, while In-form Bournemouth winger Arnaut Groeneveld has eight goals in his last ten Championship appearances, two of which came in away triumphs.
- Hot stat: Millwall have won seven of the last eight competitive home H2Hs, of which five wins came without conceding.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips: