Willem II – Waalwijk Prediction and Tips for today, April 23, 2021
Willem II – Waalwijk Match Preview
- Ahead of this clash between relegation fighters separated by just 18km, Willem II occupy a position of safety by virtue of goal difference alone. Despite picking up 12 of their 22 overall league points in the ten games since Željko Petrović’s appointment (W3, D3, L4), they’ve won just one of their last five league games, and recorded no goal in 302 minutes of play.
- Though the ‘Kings Army’ are favourites, they possess just a 50% win-rate as home league favourites (W3, D1, L2). Each of Willem’s last six home league games have seen a different result to the one before (W2, D1, L3), and they will hope that trend continues here, as they come into this on the back of defeat.
- Waalwijk can take a leap towards securing their top-flight status with victory here. However, Fred Grim’s men have followed up a recent five-game unbeaten run with just one win from five (W1, L4). Scoring first is key for the visitors here, as 80.77% of their total point haul to date has been earned when doing so (W6, D3, L1).
- The visitors are, however, winless in each of their last nine Eredivisie road trips (D4, L5), conceding first in seven of those games. Meanwhile, just two of Waalwijk’s six league victories this season came away from home, and seven of their eight road defeats have produced a 2+ goal margin. They also trailed at HT in five.
- Players to watch: Most recently scoring whilst on international duty, Willem’s Vangelis Pavlidis has scored six of his eight league goals this season in the second half of play (including three openers). As for Waalwijk, super-sub Sylla Sow has contributed to goals from the bench in two of his last three appearances (one goal, one assist).
- Hot stat: Willem II lament the second-lowest overall win-rate as favourites amongst all Eredivisie sides (27.27% – W3, D4, L4).