FC Emmen – Heracles Prediction and Tips for today, April 26, 2021
FC Emmen – Heracles Match Preview
- A seven-game unbeaten Eredivisie run leaves Emmen fans wondering if their side can somehow pull off the great escape (W4, D3). Their recent improvement has been dramatic, especially considering that it took the hosts until round 23 to register their first win after spending 17 rounds rooted at the foot of the table prior. Despite their positive run though, Emmen have kept just one clean sheet in 11 games.
- Just two of Emmen’s 14 home league matches have produced a goalless first half (HT: W4, D4, L6), whilst six have produced over 1.5 first half goals. Given that Emmen haven’t kept a home clean sheet all season and have conceded in both halves of 42.86% of their Eredivisie home games, they may struggle to hold the visitors at bay here.
- It is crunch time for Heracles who must win to hold off the chasing pack as they hunt a European play-off spot. With Frank Wormuth’s side unbeaten in four of their last five games (W3, D1, L1) – the same record he has as a manager in H2Hs against Emmen – form appears in their favour.
- The disparity between Heracles’ home and away form is clearly evidenced by the fact that they have picked up just 38.46% of their points on the road. Leaky at the back, the visitors have conceded 2+ goals in four of their last six away games (W2, D1, L3), with all three defeats seeing them lose both halves and fail to score.
- Players to watch: Sergio Peña has scored in three of Emmen’s four league victories this season, including one penalty and two match openers. As for Heracles, Rai Vloet has found the net in five of his last six appearances, whilst 11 of his 14 league goals this season have come during the second half.
- Hot stat: Whilst Emmen enter this as favourites, they possess a league-low 20% win rate in such games this season (W1, D3, L1).