Barcelona – Granada CF Prediction and Tips for today, April 29, 2021
Barcelona – Granada CF Match Preview
- The La Liga (LL) title race took another twist following Atlético Madrid’s recent shock defeat, and Barcelona can now guide their own destiny if they win here, despite picking up fewer points at this stage than in nine of their last ten campaigns. The hosts are in excellent form though after avoiding defeat in 21 of their last 22 LL games, whilst also winning at HT/FT in six of the last eight.
- Ronald Koeman’s men have picked up a league-high 19 of 21 available home points in 2021, scoring first each time (W6, D1). Furthermore, seven of Barcelona’s ten LL home wins this season when scoring first were settled byway of a 3+ goal margin! This is one of the key contributors behind the Camp Nou’s league-high goal average (3.63), as is the fact that both teams have scored in 68.75% of the LL matches there.
- A third defeat in five LL games put a dent in Granada’s hopes of a European finish and also made it a standout 16 competitive clashes without a draw (W6, L10), interestingly, 14 of those were won by the side scoring first. Complimenting Barça’s aforementioned ruthlessness is the fact that nine of Granada’s 14 LL defeats came via a 2+ goal margin.
- Poor-travelling Granada are winless in nine of their last ten LL away games (D2, L7) with the last eight seeing both teams score plus an average of 3.63 total goals. Strikingly this term, they’ve scored as many goals between 76’-FT (seven) as in the entire first half of LL away games.
- Players to watch: Netting a brace last time out, Barça’s Antoine Griezmann has contributed to 13 goals in 17 personal H2Hs with Granada (eight goals, five assists). As for Granada, Roberto Soldado scored three goals in his last two appearances, four of his nine LL strikes have been match openers.
- Hot stat: Granada received a second-half red card in three of the last four LL H2Hs.