Crystal Palace – Manchester City Prediction and Tips for today, May 1, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 34
Kick-off: 12:30 Crystal Palace – Manchester City
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Crystal Palace – Manchester City Match Preview
- Neither battling relegation nor challenging for European qualification, Crystal Palace’s season is petering out and defeat to Leicester City (April 26) was a third Premier League (PL) game without a win (D1, L2). Ominously, ahead of taking on the league leaders, that was their 18th consecutive winless league fixture against a side that started the day in the top six (D5, L13).
- Another late goal grounded the ‘Eagles’ on Monday and they’ve now also conceded seven (63.64%) out of 11 second-half league goals here this season after the 75th minute. Pertinently, they’ve leaked a goal in this period in four of the last six PL H2Hs they hosted too, only one of which they won (D1, L4).
- Now England’s fifth-most decorated club following their EFL Cup triumph over Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City are three wins away from a seventh top-flight title and well-placed to reach the Champions League final after a win in Paris midweek. Interestingly, victory against Aston Villa (April 21) saw them prevail after going behind for the first time in league action since December 2019 (D3, L7).
- The ‘Citizens’ also made history against Villa by winning ten consecutive PL away games for the second time (also achieved May-December 2017) so they’ll be confident heading south, although their only league away defeat this term came in the capital against Tottenham in November. That loss was also the last PL away match in which they trailed at half-time (HT since: W6, D5).
- Players to watch: Christian Benteke (CRY) has netted three goals in eight league appearances, with three of his last four PL strikes being Palace’s first of the game. Meanwhile, nobody’s scored more goals in competitive H2Hs than Man City’s Raheem Sterling (seven), including one in January’s reverse fixture. Six of those strikes came after the 40th minute.
- Hot stat: Man City boast the league’s best first-half record on the road this term (HT: W9, D5, L2, GD +14).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips: