Luton – Rotherham Prediction and Tips for today, May 4, 2021
Luton – Rotherham Match Preview
- Luton Town can secure a top-half finish in their penultimate game, should they extend their current unbeaten streak (W3, D2) with victory. Whilst form suggests a home win, they are outsiders here, given what this means in terms of both sides’ seasons and on that note, Luton have won just 30.3% of league games in that role this term.
- After hitting a first-half opener in their last home game, Luton are looking to score first in back-to-back Championship home games for the first time since December. If the first goal should go against them, however, Luton will need to improve on their poor record when conceding first in home league matches so far this season (W1, D1, L6).
- Thanks to a late goal last time out, Rotherham United kept their Championship fate in their own hands. Two victories will likely see the ‘Millers’ safe thanks to their superior goal difference over Derby. However, they have scored just twice in their last 540 minutes of play, and have played a gruelling ten games since the start of April.
- It has now been 376 minutes of away league play since Rotherham last scored a goal (D1, L3), but they don’t often get trounced either, with seven of their 12 Championship away defeats seeing a 1-0 scoreline, including each of their last five. Encouragingly, Rotherham have also won their only prior away league game this season entered as favourites.
- Players to watch: Luton top-scorer James Collins has registered three goals and an assist across the last four rounds – half of his Championship goals this term have been match openers. As for Rotherham, Lewis Wing’s first goal since joining ended their recent five-game losing run, and notably, nine of his last ten career goals have come from outside the box.
- Hot stat: With 82 total cards (77 yellow, five red), Rotherham are the worst-disciplined Championship side (1.86 per match on average).