Match Preview: Sparta Rotterdam 3-0 Vitesse Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Sparta Rotterdam – Vitesse Prediction and Tips for today, May 7, 2021
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 32
Kick-off: 19:00 Sparta Rotterdam – Vitesse
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Sparta Rotterdam – Vitesse Match Preview
- Three wins from four Eredivisie games (W3, L1) has helped Sparta Rotterdam pick up more points at this stage than any of their top-flight campaigns in this century. As a result they’re now seeking both a top-half finish and European football for the first time since 1995/96. However, last weekend’s win was only their second when starting as Eredivisie outsiders this season, like they are here (W2, D3, L8).
- The hosts have won three straight Eredivisie home games for the first time since 2008/09, although the fourth game in that particular run ended in a 2-0 defeat! Either way, a dominant scoreline could be possible given that seven of Sparta’s 12 home league games won/lost were settled with a 2+ goal margin (W3, L4).
- Visitors Vitesse Arnhem can secure a top-four finish for the first time since 2012/13 with victory here. They’re unbeaten in the Eredivisie since mid-February (W5, D3) and interestingly, all victories in that sequence saw both teams score whilst two came after falling behind (Record when conceding first: W3, D1, L5).
- Only Ajax have averaged more shots per Eredivisie away game than Vitesse (15.7), yet even so, they’ve won just two of their last five competitive trips (W2, D1, L2). Perhaps frustrated at not turning those good performances into better results, they’ve also averaged a league-high 12.1 fouls per away match which has contributed to their league-worst away disciplinary record (26 yellow cards, three red).
- Players to watch: Abdou Harroui has three goal contributions in Sparta’s last three league victories (one goal, two assists). Additionally, five of his six league goals arrived after HT. Meanwhile, Vitesse’s Armando Broja ended a six-game Eredivisie duck with his tenth league strike of the season, although that was only his third match opening goal.
- Hot stat: Sparta manager Henk Fraser is unbeaten in five of seven H2Hs with Vitesse (W2, D3, L2) – three of four games won/lost came via a 2+ goal margin.