Nantes – Bordeaux Prediction and Tips for today, May 8, 2021
Nantes – Bordeaux Match Preview
- Consecutive Ligue 1 (L1) victories has helped Nantes climb up into the relegation playoff spot ahead of this round, giving them hope of avoiding the drop. Yet their record of conceding in 17 straight L1 matches means that they can’t rest on their laurels here – an 18th game without a clean sheet would mark their longest-ever such run in France’s top flight!
- The hosts are currently on a 14-game L1 winless run at Stade de la Beaujoire (D7, L7), although they have found the net in each of their previous five there, which is their longest such run in over two years! As evident by their current form, holding a lead has been problematic and the hosts have the worst home points return (1.38 average) after netting the opening goal this season (W2, D5, L1).
- Bordeaux ended a five-game losing run last time out (W1) and could all but cease fears of their first relegation since 1990/91 with a win here. There’s a good chance they’ll be confident of doing so too given that they have lost just one of the previous 12 L1 H2Hs (W8, D3 – at all venues).
- Undoubtedly, ‘Les Girondins’ will be desperate to avoid conceding first, as they have lost all 14 league games in which they’ve conceded the opener this season. A good start in general should be the priority though, especially with 11 of the 12 HT leaders (either team) across their L1 away days ending up victorious (W4, L7).
- Players to watch: Ludovic Blas has been Nantes’ second goalscorer in five of his nine goalscoring L1 matches this campaign – including the previous two. For the visitors, red-hot Hwang Ui-jo has been the game’s first scorer in five of Bordeaux’s last eight L1 road trips.
- Hot stat: Four of the last six top-flight H2Hs held here have seen the HT points distribution mirror that of FT.