Match Preview: Schalke 1-2 Hertha Berlin Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Schalke – Hertha Berlin Prediction and Tips for today, May 12, 2021
Football: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 31
Kick-off: 17:00 Schalke – Hertha Berlin
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Schalke – Hertha Berlin Match Preview
- Already consigned to their first Bundesliga relegation in 30 years, Schalke head into this clash looking to drag Hertha Berlin with them into Germany’s second tier next season. Victory here won’t be easy though, as the hosts have returned just 13 points from 31 matches this campaign and have by far the worst goal difference (-60) of any side across Europe’s top-five leagues.
- Failing to score in 60% of their Bundesliga home matches, Schalke have scored only nine times on home soil (W2, D3, L10) – the joint second worst return in the top-five European leagues. In fact, eight of their ten losses here came via a 2+ goal margin, although positively, the hosts have collected 69.23% of their total points haul at home, and won 1-0 versus Augsburg last time out here.
- Unbeaten in their last six Bundesliga matches (W2, D4), Hertha Berlin have begun to steady the ship in their fight for top-flight survival. In fact, that current unbeaten run is the capital club’s best since May 2020 and after winning the reverse H2H 3-0, they’ll be looking to make Schalke only the second side they’ve done the double over this campaign.
- However, Hertha’s away form this season has been abysmal and as such, the visitors have failed to win any of their last 11 matches on the road (D6, L5) – another winless result here will herald in Hertha’s worst Bundesliga away streak in over three decades. On top of that, the away side have only led twice at HT in 15 Bundesliga away games this term, although, they do have the best away goal differential on any side from eighth spot down in the Bundesliga standings.
- Key battle: Schalke goalkeeper Ralf Fährmann has just four clean sheets in 19 Bundesliga matches this season, whilst Hertha forward Krzysztof Piątek has seven goals this term, six of those falling after the 60th minute.
- Hot stat: Schalke have recorded 26 clean sheets in their 36 Bundesliga home matches against Hertha.
Match Preview: Wuhan FC - Guangzhou FC Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Meizhou Hakka 1-0 Shenzhen Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Dalian Pro 2-2 Changchun Yatai Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Kunshan 3-1 Nanjing City Prediction and Betting Tips | JIA LEAGUE