Match Preview: Ajax 3-1 Venlo Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Ajax – Venlo Prediction and Tips for today, May 13, 2021
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 33
Kick-off: 13:30 Ajax – Venlo
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Ajax – Venlo Match Preview
- Erik ten Hag’s Ajax could be forgiven for going easy here given that they’ve won the title with three games to spare, however despite that they still beat Feyenoord 3-0 last time out which extended their Eredivisie unbeaten run to 21 games (W17, D4). Ajax have now kept clean sheets in six of their last eight league games whilst scoring 2+ goals in 12 of their last 15.
- Given their form, it’s almost not a question of if Ajax will win here, but by how many. Blistering in attack, the hosts have averaged a league-high 19.5 shots per game (7.6 on target) resulting in them scoring a league-high 3.13 goals per home league game. Equally, they’ve now won 11 games here by a 2+ goal margin – including their last two.
- VVV-Venlo must win to keep control over their own relegation fate, however their 13-game Eredivisie winless run and double figure odds here suggest it’s an almost impossible task (D1, L12). A humiliating 13-0 defeat in the reverse H2H means that Venlo’s goal difference (-42) won’t help in their survival bid and that walloping may give Ajax a mental edge.
- The visitors are also on a seven-game losing streak in away league games, each of which saw them concede 2+ goals, whilst four were lost at both HT/FT. Damningly, no Eredivisie side has conceded more often away than Venlo’s 2.63 per match.
- Players to watch: Ajax’s Dušan Tadić is the highest goal contributor in the Eredivisie this season with 17 assists and 14 goals, including a first-half strike in the reverse. Venlo’s Georgios Giakoumakis is the highest contributing player to any team’s total league goals (59.52%) but just one of his last eight strikes was a match opener.
- Hot stat: Four of Erik ten Hag’s last five personal H2Hs with Venlo were won at HT/FT and courtesy of a 3+ goal margin, including his largest victory as a manager (13-0 in the reverse).
Match Preview: Barnsley - Bournemouth Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Match Preview: Ecuador 1-1 Brazil Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup - Qualification
Match Preview: Ivory Coast 0-0 Egypt Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Senegal 2-0 Cape Verde Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations