Fiorentina – Napoli Prediction and Tips for today, May 16, 2021
Fiorentina – Napoli Match Preview
- Fiorentina are now safe in the Italian top-flight, after constructing their first unbeaten run of five Serie A (SA) matches this term (W2, D3). However, the inquest has only just begun, and weak second-half performances remain a real issue, as no SA team has attained less than their meagre tally of six second-half wins (2H: W6, D15, L15).
- The hosts possess a balanced SA home record (W6, D6, L6), but have been devilishly frustrated in previous clashes against other current top-five sides here (D1, L3), conceding a first-half opener in all three losses. Striking first may be crucial, as Stadio Artemio Franchi is one of only two stadiums yet to see a first goalscorer lose this SA campaign (W12, D5).
- UEFA Champions League spot chasers Napoli recently became the first Italian team to reach 100+ competitive goals this term, and have opened the scoring in seven consecutive SA matches (W5, D2). The ‘Partenopei’ tend to start well, and have scored over 1.5 first-half goals in four of their last five outings.
- Napoli have won all seven applicable top-flight away matches when leading at HT, including the last three in a row, so this match may be decided quickly. Additionally, each of their last four SA away victories have been attained by at least a two-goal margin, and Napoli have also kept a clean sheet in four of the last five such outings.
- Players to watch: Fiorentina’s Dušan Vlahović has scored six goals across his last five matches, netting a first-half opener each time. His side are also unbeaten in seven of the last eight SA matches to see him score (W4, D3, L1). In opposition, Piotr Zielinski has netted the opener inside the first 30 minutes in consecutive matches.
- Hot stat: Napoli are the only SA side yet to register a HT/FT draw on the road (W3, L3 after a level HT score).