Match Preview: Bournemouth 1-0 Brentford Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Bournemouth – Brentford Prediction and Tips for today, May 17, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Play Offs – Semi-finals
Kick-off: 18:00 Bournemouth – Brentford
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Bournemouth – Brentford Match Preview
- After losing their final three games of the season, Bournemouth must rediscover the form which saw them win seven straight league games to secure their top-six spot. However, Brentford are the only side against which Bournemouth manager Jonathan Woodgate has a 100% loss-rate after 3+ personal H2Hs. Both home games within that record ended 0-1.
- The first goal could be crucial here, given that five of Bournemouth’s last seven home H2Hs vs the ‘Bees’ have been settled by a 1-0 scoreline. Moreover, Bournemouth have never lost when scoring first here this Championship season (W11, D1).
- Brentford are outright favourites to be promoted via the play-offs, but to do so, they will have to overcome their undesirable national record of nine failed play-off appearances in the EFL. Despite that, Brentford head into this in high spirits following a 12-game unbeaten run (including seven clean sheets) to round out the season (W6, D6).
- The ‘Bees’ have failed to win their three playoff semi-final away games played in the last decade (D1, L2). Yet, they netted an impressive nine goals in their last three trips this season, winning and scoring first in each game. However, Thomas Frank’s men will not worry even if they concede first, as they picked up 12 away points when doing so in the regular season (W3, D3, L4).
- Players to watch: Dominic Solanke scored Bournemouth’s only goal in both league H2Hs this season – he and Phillip Billing also assisted each other for a goal in the Cherries’ last win. Meanwhile, Brentford’s Ivan Toney recently broke the Championship goalscoring record with 31 goals this season, over a third (11) of which were match openers.
- Hot stat: The starting match favourite (either team) won/drew in 84.78% of Brentford’s regular-season Championship games (W24, D15, L7).