Match Preview: Manchester Utd 1-1 Fulham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Manchester Utd – Fulham Prediction and Tips for today, May 18, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 37
Kick-off: 18:00 Manchester Utd – Fulham
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Manchester Utd – Fulham Match Preview
- Manchester United will hope the authorised return of fans to Old Trafford can inspire them to a win that would confirm a second Premier League (PL) runners-up finish in four seasons. Those attending should expect entertainment given four of their last six league fixtures produced over 3.5 goals and the last five PL H2Hs featured an average of 3.8 goals per game (W4, D1).
- But will there be action at the ‘wrong’ end? Following Thursday’s 4-2 loss to Liverpool – the first time they’d lost twice at home within the space of three days since April 1958 – the ‘Red Devils’ have conceded more home league goals (27) this term than any campaign since 1969/70 and only Burnley have conceded a higher average of first-half corners at home than them this season (2.67)!
- Fulham seem unlikely to capitalise as a league-high 16 of their PL games this season were goalless at the break and they’ve not scored before HT in six matches. After their relegation was confirmed with three fixtures remaining, they’re playing for pride amidst a dismal eight-match winless run (D1, L7).
- Furthermore, the ‘Cottagers’ have won just one of their last seven league away fixtures (D3, L3) following Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Southampton. Having beaten Everton and Liverpool ‘to nil’ on the road this term, they’ll aim for one more big Northwest scalp, although they haven’t won here since October 2003 (D1, L12 – all competitions).
- Players to watch: United’s Mason Greenwood has scored six goals across his last seven PL appearances with his side winning all five league games in which he netted after HT this campaign (W5). Meanwhile, another talented teenager, Fábio Carvalho (FUL), netted his maiden PL goal against Southampton – also after HT.
- Hot stat: A third (33.33%) of Man United’s PL goals against this term came via set pieces (excluding penalties) – a league-high.