Match Preview: Inter 5-1 Udinese Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Inter – Udinese Prediction and Tips for today, May 23, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 38
Kick-off: 14:00 Inter – Udinese
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 5:1 WON!!!
Inter – Udinese Match Preview
- Serie A (SA) champions Inter Milan are already guaranteed their best points return since gaining 97 in 2006/07, yet they’ll be eager to bounce back after a defeat last time out ended their 20-game unbeaten SA run (W16, D4). The omens are good to finish on a high given that they’ve won their previous four season finales, scoring 2+ goals in each.
- Unsurprisingly, Antonio Conte’s men have made the San Siro a fortress and could finish the season with a 16th straight SA home victory! They fell behind in just two of those clashes, although the standout recent theme has been late goals, with at least one arriving on or after the 70th minute in each of their last four home clashes.
- Midtable Udinese will be happy to see the end of this forgettable campaign after winning just two of their previous 11 SA encounters (D2, L7). Their biggest issue has been an underwhelming attack that has averaged just 1.11 goals per game – only two sides have scored fewer. They have, however, netted 2+ goals in three of their last four SA road trips (W2, L2).
- They scored in the 30’-45’ period in each of those four matches, yet they led at HT only once. This isn’t unusual for Luca Gotti’s men on the road where they’ve led at the break on only four occasions (HT: D6, L8). They’ve also been winning at HT in just one of their last three season finales, though each still ended in a victory by a one-goal margin.
- Players to watch: Inter’s Matteo Darmian has scored three goals in his last seven SA home appearances – each led to victories ‘to nil’. Udinese’s Rodrigo De Paul has netted four goals in his last five SA away trips, although three came in one game.
- Hot stat: Inter are one of only two sides yet to drop points at home when scoring first this SA campaign (W13).