Match Preview: Mexico 2-1 Iceland Prediction and Betting Tips | Friendly International
Mexico – Iceland Prediction and Tips for today, May 30, 2021
Football: Friendly International
Kick-off: 01:30 Mexico – Iceland
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Mexico – Iceland Match Preview
- Mexico will look to finetune their preparations for the CONCACAF Nations League semi-finals by trying to extend their unbeaten record against Iceland (W2, D2). Yet to concede a H2H goal, ‘El Tri’ carry similar form into this fixture, having kept six clean sheets in their last ten friendlies (W7, D1, L2). That sequence saw late starters Mexico fail to score before HT in four consecutive friendlies, whilst netting nine of their 17 goals beyond the hour mark.
- At the other end though, seven of the nine goals conceded in that stint fell before HT, whilst Mexico’s last four defeats have seen them concede the opener before the HT break – three times before the 20th minute. The opening goal becomes more relevant as ten of Mexico’s last 11 losses, including the last six, have all come ‘to nil’.
- Iceland arrive here having suffered nine losses in their last 11 matches (W2), including a 2-1 stoppage-time defeat to Hungary in the 2020 Euro qualification playoff. Worryingly, heavy losses are becoming the norm for the visitors as they’ve conceded 2.67 goals per defeat during that stint with five coming via a 2+ goal margin. By extension, nine of Iceland’s last ten matches have now produced over 2.5 total goals.
- In fact, six of Iceland’s last nine friendlies (W2, D5, L2) have witnessed over 3.5 total goals, although the exceptions have been the most recent three (W2, D1; GF 2, GA 0). Arnar Vidarsson’s men also tend to start matches on the front foot and have scored on or before the half-hour mark in seven of those friendlies.
- Players to watch: Four of Andrés Guardado’s last six goals in friendlies have been openers for Mexico. Meanwhile, Iceland’s joint all-time top scorer Kolbeinn Sigþórsson has been their last scorer in ten of his previous 14 goal-scoring internationals.
- Hot stat: Eight of Iceland’s last ten matches, and all four H2Hs, have produced the same HT/FT result.
Match Preview: K. Almaty - Omonia Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference League
Match Preview: Besiktas 1-2 Dortmund Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Match Preview: Sevilla 1-1 Salzburg Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Match Preview: Getafe 0-1 Elche Prediction and Betting Tips | LaLiga