Match Preview: Croatia 1-1 Armenia Prediction and Betting Tips | Friendly International
Croatia – Armenia Prediction and Tips for today, June 1, 2021
Football: Friendly International
Kick-off: 17:00 Croatia – Armenia
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Croatia – Armenia Match Preview
- Croatia, preparing for their sixth UEFA European Championship, are aiming to secure three straight wins for the first time in nearly three years. Goals have been aplenty in their recent friendlies, and this could prove to be the eighth in succession that both teams have scored (W4, D2, L1) – five of the past seven finished 2-1 either way. Notably though, their last four friendlies all saw the opposition score first (W2, D1, L1).
- Since the start of 2014, the hosts have suffered only three home setbacks (W28, D4 – 90 mins only). Two of those defeats came in their last four home encounters, however, the most recent two did see them win ‘to nil’. They’re now chasing a third consecutive home shutout for the first time since September 2017.
- Armenia are enjoying their best ever run of form as an independent footballing nation, going undefeated across their last eight matches (W6, D2) whilst winning each of the previous five. They seem to thrive in games with a more competitive edge though, highlighted by the fact that they’re winless in their last four friendly matches, three of which they failed to score (D3, L1).
- They have scored in ten of their last 11 away trips though (W4, D3, L4), averaging a respectable 1.73 goals per game in the process. The visitors also secured their first away international clean sheet since June 2013 in their victory away at Liechtenstein in March. Notwithstanding all of this, they lost 9-1 to Italy on the last occasion they faced a FIFA ranked top-20 team away – the biggest loss in their history.
- Players to watch: Croatia captain Luka Modrić has recorded five of his last eight international goals from the penalty spot. Meanwhile Armenia’s Tigran Barseghyan, who has scored in back-to-back international appearances, has received four yellow cards in his last five club appearances.
- Hot stat: None of Croatia’s previous 12 international fixtures saw their opposition on the day receive more yellow cards.
Match Preview: Italy - Wales Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020
Match Preview: Argentina 1-0 Uruguay Prediction and Betting Tips | Copa América
Match Preview: Sweden 1-0 Slovakia Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020
Match Preview: Ukraine 2-1 North Macedonia Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020