Match Preview: Andorra 1-4 Ireland Prediction and Betting Tips | Friendly International
Andorra – Ireland Prediction and Tips for today, June 3, 2021
Football: Friendly International
Kick-off: 17:00 Andorra – Ireland
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:4 LOST
Andorra – Ireland Match Preview
- Without a win since 2019, European minnows Andorra (FIFA ranked #158) have endured a 14-game winless run (D3, L11), matching their winless streak prior to their last victory. Fortunately, Andorra still have some way to go if they are to eclipse their record 86-game winless run (D6, L80), but scoring goals has been challenging for the principality, managing multiple goals just twice since 2003.
- Andorra have played just four friendlies on home turf over the last decade, losing each to nations ranked outside FIFA’s top 100. Indeed they haven’t won a home friendly since 2002 (vs Albania) and only won seven games at any venue in their entire history (1996-), with each of those successes coming ‘to nil’. Four of those seven wins were, however, achieved versus sides currently in FIFA’s current top 100, including a famous 1-0 defeat of Hungary (#37) in 2017.
- Ireland (#47) come into this friendly without a win in 12 internationals (D5, L7), their longest winless streak since 1971, and subsequently missed out on the Euro 2020 finals this summer. Unsurprisingly, Stephen Kenny is still searching for his first victory as boss (D3, L7), although he’s only faced sides ranked in FIFA’s top 100. Nonetheless, their last international defeat came against Luxembourg (#98th), the second-lowest ranked side to ever defeat ‘the Boys in Green’.
- Despite an obvious chance here to snap their winless run, Ireland last won a friendly outside the country in 2012 against Oman at Fulham’s Craven Cottage (D6, L7)! Lack of potency has been a major issue on the road, with Ireland scoring multiple away goals just once since October 2016, with each of their last three wins away from home all 1-0 results.
- Players to watch: Andorra’s second-top scorer of all time is Cristian Martínez (5) who last scored 13 games ago! James McClean was Ireland’s most recent scorer in a 1-1 draw with Qatar which ended a 23-game scoreless run – the longest goalless streak since earning his first cap.
- Hot stat: Ireland and Andorra have met four times in history with Ireland recording HT/FT -1 handicap wins on each occasion.
Match Preview: Pyramids - Enppi Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Shandong Taishan 2-0 Henan Songshan Longmen Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGU...
Match Preview: Sonderjyske 1-2 Fredericia Prediction and Betting Tips | CLUB FRIENDLY
Match Preview: Wuhan Three Towns 5-0 Hebei Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE