Senegal – Zambia Prediction and Tips for today, June 5, 2021
Senegal – Zambia Match Preview
- Africa Cup of Nations runners-up in 2019 and the highest-ranked nation in CAF, Senegal (FIFA rank #22) have named a very strong squad ahead of this round of friendlies beginning with the visit of Zambia (#87). The ‘Lions of Teranga’ have been in roaring form of late (W4, D2, L1), though their sole defeat did come in a friendly vs a lower-ranked nation than themselves.
- Aliou Cissé’s Senegal are currently unbeaten in nine straight home games (W7, D2 in 90 minutes), with six of the victories during that sequence coming ‘to nil’, whilst five produced a goalless first half. Topically, Senegal won each of their last four home games vs nations ranked within ten places of Zambia without reply, scoring 2+ first-half goals in two (8-0 aggregate score).
- Milutin Sredojević is enjoying a positive start to life as Zambia manager (W3, D1, L2). The sole draw under Sredojević was the ‘Copper Bullets’ only game of the last eight vs top-five ranked CAF nations to end level (W3, D1, L4) – six games saw a goal in both halves whilst averaging 3.63 total goals per game.
- Contrary to the latter, four of Zambia’s last five away games saw one or no side score and under 2.5 total goals (W2, D1, L2). However, their four games prior saw both teams score with over 2.5 total match goals. In fact their last three away games vs top-five ranked CAF nations produced over 3.5 goals in total (W1, L2).
- Players to watch: Liverpool’s Sadio Mané is one of six players plying their trade in England which have been called up to this Senegal squad – four of his last six Premier League goals were match openers. Representing both Wales and England at youth level, Welsh-born Cardiff wonderkid Ntazana Mayembe answered the call for Zambia and is in line for a senior debut.
- Hot stat: Thirteen of Senegal’s last 15 home games produced under 2.5 goals, whilst just two saw both teams score (90 minutes).