Match Preview: Colombia 2-2 Argentina Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Colombia – Argentina Prediction and Tips for today, June 9, 2021
Football: SOUTH AMERICA: World Cup – Qualification – Round 8
Kick-off: 00:00 Colombia – Argentina
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Colombia – Argentina Match Preview
- Following two heavy FIFA World Cup qualification (WCQ) defeats, Colombia beat Peru 3-0 on Friday to remain in contention for a top-four finish and automatic qualification. Their matches have been full of action, with four red cards across the last three fixtures and an average of four goals per game this qualifying campaign (W2, D1, L2) – way higher than their overall highest in a WCQ campaign (2.17 goals per game en route to USA 1994).
- ‘Los Cafeteros’ have only played three home matches since the 2018 FIFA World Cup (W2, L1), although all of them witnessed the same HT/FT outcome and ended with one side winning 3-0. Home H2Hs have been tighter affairs, however, with the last four meetings in Colombia either drawn or won/lost by a one-goal margin (W1, D1, L2).
- Seeking a 13th consecutive World Cup appearance, second-half goals have been a rarity during Argentina’s WCQ campaign so far, with their five matches to date (W3, D2) producing just a single goal after HT. Unsurprisingly, nine of their last ten internationals witnessed scoring before the 25th minute.
- ‘La Albiceleste’ are unbeaten in nine matches on foreign soil (W6, D3), also winning the corner count in each match therein. That bodes well as they look to consolidate second place in the standings against a team that hasn’t beaten them in a WCQ game anywhere since November 2007 (W4, D1).
- Players to watch: Luis Díaz’s goal for Colombia against Peru made it three strikes in four matches for club and country, all coming between the 15th and 60th minute in wins by 3+ goals. Meanwhile, Argentina’s Lautaro Martínez has scored two goals after the 50th minute and collected two bookings in his last five matches for club and country.
- Hot stat: Colombia boss Reinaldo Rueda has never beaten Argentina (D4, L3) – the last five of those games saw the same HT/FT outcome.