Match Preview: USA 4-0 Costa Rica Prediction and Betting Tips | Friendly International
USA – Costa Rica Prediction and Tips for today, June 10, 2021
Football: Friendly International
Kick-off: 00:00 USA – Costa Rica
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
USA – Costa Rica Match Preview
- It may have taken until extra-time, but the USA made history last time out as they triumphed in the inaugural CONCACAF Nations League, avenging their 2019 Gold Cup final defeat against Mexico with a hard-fought victory. They will now complete this international window with their sixth home meeting vs Costa Rica since the beginning of 2015 (W4, L1). However, despite scoring before HT in six of their last seven matches, the USA haven’t enjoyed a HT lead in the most recent three.
- The last H2H with Costa Rica (1-0) is included in their mesmerising record of W9, D1 from the previous ten matches that they started as favourites. That was one of three home friendlies the Americans have played since the start of 2020 (W3), and whilst they enjoyed a clean sheet in all three, the Costa Ricans were the only opposition team across that trio to lose by less than six goals!
- Failure to win will extend Costa Rica’s longest winless run in five years (D3, L7) and match the 11 consecutive games they endured without a 90 minute victory (D4, L7) in 2015. With the ‘Ticos’ failing to achieve a win within 90 minutes in all nine of their starts as outsiders since the beginning of 2019 (D3, L6), an extension of that winless run looks likely.
- Costa Rica have opened the scoring just twice in their ongoing winless drought, but can at least boast some gallant first-half defensive efforts that have seen them trail at HT just three times (1-0 on every occasion). In fact, since facing Belgium in June 2018, Costa Rica have completed 31 consecutive matches without conceding more than one first-half goal.
- Players to watch: ‘Captain America’ Christian Pulisic scored the extra-time strike that won the CONCACAF Nations League – his second decisive goal across his last three internationals. Meanwhile, Joel Campbell has recorded Costa Rica’s first goal in two of the last three matches in which they scored.
- Hot stat: Only the winning team has scored in the last seven H2Hs.
Match Preview: Everton - Aston Villa Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Eintracht Frankfurt 0-2 Arminia Bielefeld Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Match Preview: Ivory Coast 3-1 Algeria Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Clermont 0-2 Strasbourg Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1