Match Preview: Turkey 0-3 Italy Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020
Turkey – Italy Prediction and Tips for today, June 11, 2021
Football: Euro 2020 – Round 1
Kick-off: 20:00 Turkey – Italy
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Turkey – Italy Match Preview
- It’s a tournament that has been shrouded in doubt for months, but the long-awaited Euro 2020 finals now kicks-off with Turkey facing Italy in a repeat of their first fixture at Euro 2000. Turkey lost that 2-1, but still progressed to the quarter finals that year and will have dreams of doing even better this time around after scoring at least three goals in their previous three matches vs teams ranked inside FIFA’s top 20 (W1, D2).
- This is a tough way for Turkey to open their fifth Euro finals though, especially as they face a country they’ve never beaten (D3, L7), in Italy’s capital city of Rome. To make matters worse, they’ve lost all four previous opening Euro finals matches they’ve played, albeit Turkey held the score 0-0 at HT in three.
- After failing to qualify for World Cup 2018, Italy are dreaming of redemption by becoming European champions for the first time since 1968, a competition they won at this very stadium. However that tournament was so long ago that none of the countries they played back then exist today, and one of their matches was even won by a coin toss! They’re one of the favourites for Euro 2020 though, thanks to exceptional current form (W22, D5) that will see them equal an Italian record set in 1939 (30 games unbeaten) if they can negotiate the group stage undefeated.
- That record is there for the taking as Italy have lost their opening Euro group stage match just once before (W3, D4, L1). Entering this tournament on an eight-game run of clean sheets (W8), they’re also eyeing an Italian record of 12 straight matches without conceding that’s stood since the 1970s.
- Players to watch: Turkey’s second-highest all-time top scorer, Burak Yılmaz (29 goals), scored their first strike of Euro 2016, and their opener last time out. Lazio forward Ciro Immobile knows this stadium well. He’s scored in his previous three Italy starts, and in four of his last six matches at the Stadio Olimpico.
- Hot stat: Italy have an 80% win-rate when playing in Rome at a tournament finals (W8, D2).
Match Preview: Juventus - Malmo FF Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Match Preview: Paris SG 4-1 Club Brugge KV Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Match Preview: Empoli 3-1 Udinese Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Match Preview: Bologna 2-3 Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A