Match Preview: Scotland 0-2 Czech Republic Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020
Scotland – Czech Republic Prediction and Tips for today, June 14, 2021
Football: Euro 2020 – Round 1
Kick-off: 14:00 Scotland – Czech Republic
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Scotland – Czech Republic Match Preview
- Scotland’s long 23-year wait is over as they feature in their first major tournament since World Cup 1998. The period between has seen some significant humiliations (2-2 vs Faroe Islands; 3-0 loss vs Kazakhstan), but the Scots will believe this is a chance for redemption as they face a nation they’re unbeaten against in four H2Hs (W3, D1), in a fixture boss Steve Clarke will have earmarked as the most likely avenue for three points.
- After scoring the opener before the 30th minute in their last three games (W2, D1), the Scots will look to start well here at Hampden Park – Scottish football’s ancestral home. The last four H2Hs also saw Scotland score before HT, something they’ll strive to achieve again as they look to end a winless run across their previous five opening games of a major tournament (D1, L4). They scored just one goal during those fixtures – albeit that was vs Brazil!
- Both sides will be eyeing points as third place could lead to progression from the group stage, and that’s what Euro 1996 runners-up, the Czech Republic, will see as a viable route. The Czechs have made every tournament since 1996 – the last time Scotland featured at the Euros – but mixed form in 2021 (W2, D1, L2) puts doubts on the 50% progression rate they’ve achieved across their last six Euro appearances.
- With the Czechs playing out just one draw across the last four years, a winner appears likely here. The first goal could therefore be critical, especially as the side netting first has gone undefeated in 12 of their previous 14 games – albeit one of the exceptions was a 2-1 victory for Scotland in a 2020 H2H.
- Players to watch: From non-league to Premier League, Ché Adams’ fairytale continues after scoring in his last two Scotland appearances, and two of his previous three PL games. Czech star Patrik Schick netted the opener last time out, and has been their first goalscorer with his previous three international strikes.
- Hot stat: Scotland possess an impressive 76.75% unbeaten record at Hampden Park (W135, D63, L60).
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Valur Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference League - Qualifica...
Match Preview: Sheriff Tiraspol 3-1 Alashkert Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League - Quali...
Match Preview: Flora 0-1 Legia Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League - Qualification
Match Preview: Ararat Yerevan 2-4 Slask Wroclaw Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference Leag...