Match Preview: Paraguay 3-1 Bolivia Prediction and Betting Tips | Copa América
Paraguay – Bolivia Prediction and Tips for today, June 15, 2021
Football: SOUTH AMERICA: Copa América – Round 1
Kick-off: 01:00 Paraguay – Bolivia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Paraguay – Bolivia Match Preview
- With the 2021 CONMEBOL Copa América (CA) being the first since 1991 to feature just ten teams, both Bolivia and Paraguay can realistically aim for a quarter-final appearance. With plenty at stake, given that both previous CA encounters ended goalless, a tense, cagey affair could ensue at the Estádio Olímpico Pedro Ludovico Teixeira in Goiânia.
- Two-time CA winners (1953, 1979) and clear favourites Paraguay will fancy their chances as they edge recent H2H meetings (W2, D1, L1), and have only failed to negotiate the group stage once in their last six tournament appearances. Remarkably, they haven’t lost their opening CA game since 1975 (W7, D9), drawing their last four.
- Although Paraguay have only won once across the last three tournaments (D7, L5), their recent form suggests a better showing is due as prior to a recent defeat vs Brazil (June 9), they were unbeaten in eight matches (W2, D6). On foreign soil, meanwhile, ‘Los Guaraníes’ haven’t lost in six fixtures (W2, D4), in games that produced an average of exactly one goal per match.
- Bolivia’s best CA performances came when they hosted the tournament in 1963 (winners) and 1997 (runners-up). Following that showing in 1997, they’ve only progressed from the group stage once, but netted after the 80th minute in each of their last three internationals.
- Also encouraging for Bolivia is their recent FIFA World Cup qualification form (W1, D1), but ‘La Verde’ haven’t won a match on foreign soil since October 2018 (D4, L12), a sequence that included them conceding three goals in all three matches during the 2019 staging of this competition – also in Brazil.
- Players to watch: Ángel Romero has scored four goals across Paraguay’s last six internationals, netting his country’s opener in all three goalscoring appearances therein. Meanwhile, Bolivia captain Marcelo Moreno has netted seven goals in as many internationals – he scored his team’s first goal in five games during that period.
- Hot stat: Paraguay have won the corner count in eight of their last 11 internationals.