Match Preview: Sweden 1-0 Slovakia Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020
Sweden – Slovakia Prediction and Tips for today, June 18, 2021
Football: Euro 2020 – Round 2
Kick-off: 14:00 Sweden – Slovakia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Sweden – Slovakia Match Preview
- Janne Andersson’s Sweden travel to St Petersburg in high spirits after recording the lowest possession total in European Championship history last time out (14.9%), yet still holding on for a vital point against Spain. Victory here would likely see Sweden qualify as one of the best-ranked third-placed sides at the very least and encouragingly, they head into this game unbeaten vs Slovakia in H2H history (W2, D3).
- Strong at the back, the Swedes have conceded just once in 2021 (W5, D1) and they can move within one game of Andersson’s longest unbeaten streak in his five years in charge should they avoid defeat here. In any case, a tight game should be expected given that each of Sweden’s last five European Championship group games produced under 2.5 goals (W1, D2, L2).
- A shock victory for Slovakia in their Group E opener versus Poland gives them a chance of sealing progression to the round of 16 for the second time in as many European Championship finals appearances should they follow up here. Bearing in mind that Spain are Slovakia’s final group opponents, just a point in this crunch match will likely see them qualify – just as their group return of four points did in 2016 as the best-ranked third-placed side.
- This game is a repeat of Štefan Tarkovič’s first in charge of Slovakia as caretaker manager back in October 2018 (1-1). Since his permanent appointment, Tarkovič is unbeaten in eight of his nine games with Slovakia (W4, D4, L1) though scoring first seems to be the key to victory, as Slovakia have at best only managed draws in two of three games when conceding first (D2, L1).
- Players to watch: Alexander Isak became the youngest player to score for Sweden in a 6-0 win over Slovakia in 2017 (17 years, 113 days) – eight of his 17 league goals this term and that friendly strike were match openers. Slovakia defender Milan Škriniar’s first three international goals have come in his last three competitive appearances for his nation, two with his head.
- Hot stat: Three of Slovakia’s four all-time European Championship group stage games finished with a 2-1 scoreline (W2, D1, L1).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Lazio - Spezia Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Arsenal - Tottenham Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Bayern Munich - Bayer Leverkusen Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Shanghai Port - Chengdu Rongcheng Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE