North Macedonia – Netherlands Prediction and Tips for today, June 21, 2021
Football: Euro 2020 – Round 3
Kick-off: 17:00 North Macedonia – Netherlands
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
North Macedonia – Netherlands Match Preview
- A convincing 2-0 win for the Netherlands last time out here in Amsterdam both confirmed their progression, whilst breaking North Macedonian hearts as they faced an early exit from their first ever major finals after losing 2-1 to Ukraine. Igor Angelovski’s men should play with freedom here as they look to leave the tournament on a high by at least scoring in all three group games.
- FIFA ranked #62 side North Macedonia are definitely fighters, as evidenced by their goals in this tournament and a shock win over Germany in March. However, that famous result appears to be a one-off as their form vs nations ranked close (#6 to #26) to the Netherlands (#6) reads W1, D1, L7, although they did score in seven of those games, whilst as many produced at least one first-half goal (HT: W1, D4, L4).
- With the Netherlands’ first qualification to the knockout round since 2008 secured as group winners, Frank de Boer may rotate his squad in this game. Even a rotated squad should have what it takes to win given that they scored 2+ goals in 11 of their last 12 European Championship games, including qualifiers, and are yet to concede in two H2Hs on home soil (W1, D1).
- Expect more goalmouth action from the Dutch, given that they’ve found the net in 15 of their 17 group games at Euro finals since the ‘96 edition (1.88 goals per match on average). Despite their usually prolific front line, it should be noted that the ‘Oranje’ failed to score in four of their last six games vs nations ranked within ten places of North Macedonia (W1, D1, L4).
- Players to watch: North Macedonia’s all-time top-scorer Goran Pandev (38 goals) has featured in all four H2Hs, scoring twice – and netted their first goal at a European Championship finals. Meanwhile, powerful wing-back Denzel Dumfries is only the second player to score in his first two European Championship tournament games for the Netherlands after Ruud van Nistelrooy.
- Hot stat: The Netherlands have won their opening two Euro group games on two prior occasions and scored 2+ second-half goals in the final game in both editions (2000, 2008).