Match Preview: Brazil 2-1 Colombia Prediction and Betting Tips | Copa América
Brazil – Colombia Prediction and Tips for today, June 24, 2021
Football: SOUTH AMERICA: Copa América – Round 4
Kick-off: 01:00 Brazil – Colombia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Brazil – Colombia Match Preview
- Nine-time Copa América (CA) winners and host nation Brazil’s title defence is off to a perfect start after scoring seven goals without conceding across their first two fixtures. Qualifying from the group was never really in doubt for the hosts who have already secured that as they seek victory here against their best-ranked group opponents, Colombia (#15).
- That may be easier said than done however, as Brazil have failed to beat their best-ranked opponents in three of their last four CA group matches (W1, D1, L2) – remaining goalless in three games. On a run of six straight clean sheets in all internationals, this is Brazil’s best such run since an identical streak in 2018 whilst one more here would secure their longest run of successive shutouts since a nine-game run ending at the 2011 CA.
- Despite one-time winner Colombia’s high-profile absentees – namely James Rodriguez – they’ve made a solid enough start to this CA campaign and could yet leapfrog Brazil with victory (W1, D1, L1). In essence this is a free hit for underdogs Colombia, who’ve failed to qualify from just one of their last nine CA group stage appearances and should still eventually progress even without a positive result here.
- Keeping a clean sheet is often key to Colombia’s success given that each of their 11 international victories since a 3-1 friendly win vs Costa Rica in 2018 came without reply, including a 2-0 win vs CONMEBOL juggernauts, Argentina. However, whilst Colombia kept nine clean sheets in 32 H2Hs (W3, D10, L19), six of those games ended goalless.
- Players to watch: Neymar has scored five goals in eight CA appearances (no match openers) and has scored more goals against just three other nations than his four vs Colombia. Meanwhile, Miguel Borja has contributed to both of Colombia’s CA goals so far (one goal, one assist) – he was also booked in six of his last seven scoring appearances for club & country.
- Hot stat: Brazil boss Tite is unbeaten in all four of his H2Hs with Colombia, with his side taking a lead before HT in three games (W2, D2).
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Valur Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference League - Qualifica...
Match Preview: Sheriff Tiraspol 3-1 Alashkert Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League - Quali...
Match Preview: Flora 0-1 Legia Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League - Qualification
Match Preview: Ararat Yerevan 2-4 Slask Wroclaw Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference Leag...