Match Preview: Netherlands 0-2 Czech Republic Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020
Netherlands – Czech Republic Prediction and Tips for today, June 27, 2021
Football: Euro 2020 – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
Kick-off: 17:00 Netherlands – Czech Republic
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Netherlands – Czech Republic Match Preview
- Frank De Boer’s ‘flying’ Dutchmen soared through the group stage, albeit with the advantage of playing in Amsterdam, hitting a competition-high eight goals in the process. The last time they won all three group games and scored 8+ group goals (Euro 2008), the Dutch were knocked out in the very next round after extra time. However, their prolific run of scoring 2+ goals now reaches back over ten games, which surpasses their previous best ever run of nine games between 1934-35.
- Now in the first knockout round for the first time since Euro 2008 and warm favourites here, the Netherlands will hope to get the job done inside 90 minutes after their last two such knockout games since beating a now-defunct Yugoslavia 6-1 in 2000 went to extra time (W1, L1). Should this go the distance, the ‘Oranje’ have been known to choke, losing three of four penalty shootouts at the Euros.
- Qualifying as one of the best third-placed sides (W1, D1, L1), Czech Republic will face the Netherlands for the third time at the Euros since the dissolution of Czechoslovakia. Subsequently sharing a single-goal margin H2H victory apiece at these championships, Netherlands boss Frank de Boer actually scored the sole goal in their group stage meeting of Euro 2000.
- Winners of just one of their last seven games at the Euros, the Czech Republic have also been beaten in three of their last four knockout games in this tournament. With their results getting progressively worse in this edition, a good start could be vital to their hopes. Notably, none of their three knockout games played immediately after a group stage (QF: 1996, 2004, 2012) saw both teams score, each of which also produced a goalless first-half (W2, L1).
- Players to watch: Georginio Wijnaldum has contributed to 33 goals (25 goals, eight assists) in his 78 international caps and his brace last time out put him above Marco van Basten in the all-time standings. Meanwhile, Patrik Schick could equal Milan Baroš’ Czech record for most goals at a single Euro finals with two more; two of his three goals were first-half match openers.
- Hot stat: Prior to Euro 2020, nearly half (48.94%) of 47 all-time Euro knockouts won/lost in 90 minutes saw a one-goal margin.
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Valur Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference League - Qualifica...
Match Preview: Sheriff Tiraspol 3-1 Alashkert Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League - Quali...
Match Preview: Flora 0-1 Legia Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League - Qualification
Match Preview: Ararat Yerevan 2-4 Slask Wroclaw Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference Leag...