Croatia – Spain Prediction and Tips for today, June 28, 2021
Football: Euro 2020 – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
Kick-off: 17:00 Croatia – Spain
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:3 WON!!!
Croatia – Spain Match Preview
- Now into the business end of Euro 2020, Croatia shouldn’t need any extra motivation, although revenge may be an added incentive given Spain handed them their heaviest ever defeat in international football back in September 2018 (6-0). They’ve beaten the Iberian side once since then (3-2, November 2018) and will be hoping for more of the same as they bid to improve on a record that’s seen them lose at this stage on each of the previous three occasions they’ve reached a Euro knockout phase.
- Zlatko Dalić’s men secured qualification out of Group D with a professional 3-1 victory over Scotland, as their results gradually improved with each match. Given that they’ve now failed to score in just one of their last ten games at major tournaments (Euros and World Cup), ‘Vatreni’ should fancy their chances of getting on the scoresheet. They have, however, failed to beat any team currently ranked in FIFA’s top ten since that 3-2 win over Spain in 2018 (P7, L7 since).
- Spain have ambitions to win a third European Championship in four attempts, however a more pressing matter is ensuring that they avoid elimination at the last 16 stage for a third successive major tournament (Euro 2016 vs Italy, World Cup 2018 vs Russia). Interestingly, both those games saw them concede a goal in the period between the 30th minute and HT and fail to score thereafter.
- Despite that, Luis Enrique’s men are now unbeaten in 11 internationals (W5, D6) and haven’t conceded before HT in any of their previous six matches (W3, D3) whilst at the other end of the pitch, each of the three victories in that six-game sequence also saw them score 3+ goals.
- Players to watch: Ivan Perišić has been directly involved in six goals in his last five appearances at major tournaments for Croatia (four goals, two assists). Whilst Spain’s Ferran Torres scored last time out, taking his tally to six goals across his last eight international appearances.
- Hot stat: Only Switzerland won more corners than Spain (20) in the group stages.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips: