Match Preview: Argentina 1-1 Colombia Prediction and Betting Tips | Copa América
Argentina – Colombia Prediction and Tips for today, July 7, 2021
Football: SOUTH AMERICA: Copa América – Play Offs – Semi-finals
Kick-off: 02:00 Argentina – Colombia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Argentina – Colombia Match Preview
- Brasília’s colossal Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha hosts the second semi-final of this Copa América (CA) edition, which will be contested between two respected CONMEBOL sides aiming to end respective spells of 20+ years without a trophy.
- Following their comprehensive 3-0 win vs Ecuador last time out, which featured a free-kick goal and two assists from Lionel Messi, 14-time CA winners Argentina look strong. They are now unbeaten in 18 games (W11, D7), while conceding just once across the last 393 minutes of play, and have never lost to an opposing side managed by Colombia boss Reinaldo Rueda (W3, D5).
- Argentina have also scored before HT in all CA games this time around, and even struck within the opening 15 minutes in three of the last four, giving them another clear reason to believe they can win a first major trophy since 1993.
- With just one win within regulation time in this CA edition (W1, D2, L2), Colombia seem like clear outsiders. Aiming to reach a first major final since lifting this trophy in 2001, Colombia overcame underdog status to eliminate Uruguay in the quarter-finals, but their luck could run out here, as they’ve failed to progress from five of their seven CA semi-finals.
- That seems especially so as Colombia have met Argentina in two of their last five CA semi-final appearances, with ‘Los Cafeteros’ conceding in both halves during a 3-0 defeat in the most recent of the two (2004), whilst losing via penalties in the other (1993).
- Players to watch: Aiming to make his fifth appearance in the ‘Copa América Dream Team’, Lionel Messi looks set for the Golden Boot, with four CA goals so far. Hoping to build on his winning quarter-final penalty, Miguel Borja has contributed to three of Colombia’s previous four strikes, including a last-gasp H2H equaliser.
- Hot stat: Argentina have finished 3rd-4th in all four of their CA campaigns when Brazil were the host nation.