Match Preview: Colombia 3-2 Peru Prediction and Betting Tips | Copa América
Colombia – Peru Prediction and Tips for today, July 10, 2021
Football: SOUTH AMERICA: Copa América – Play Offs – 3rd place
Kick-off: 01:00 Colombia – Peru
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:2 WON!!!
Colombia – Peru Match Preview
- Having scraped into the Copa América (CA) quarter-finals, Colombia took both Uruguay and Argentina to penalties but their wait for a first CA final appearance since 2001 continues, and now they must lift themselves for this third place play-off at the Estádio Nacional de Brasília. All of their matches this campaign have been close affairs, with none decided by more than a one-goal margin (W2, D1, L3). In fact, they’ve scored just four times, and never later than the 65th minute.
- With two of the last three CA third-place play-offs producing under 2.5 goals, another cagey affair involving Colombia could ensue here. However curiously, three of the last four H2Hs (Col: W3, L1) featured exactly three strikes, with all three also witnessing one goal before HT and two after.
- Peru’s CA campaign (W3, D1, L2) has been bookended by defeats to Brazil, although they’ve now guaranteed a fourth top-four CA finish since 2011. One of their victories in this edition came against Colombia in the group stage – their first H2H triumph in 11 meetings (D3, L7) – which should inspire them as they seek to claim a record-equalling ninth CA third-place finish.
- Nevertheless, the bookmakers don’t have ‘La Blanquirroja’ as favourites here, but it’s worth noting that they weren’t favoured for 12 (W3, D2, L7) of their last 13 internationals so they’re no strangers to being underdogs. Scoring first – as they did in the group stage meeting – could be vital as the last three times they’ve done so, they won by a one-goal margin.
- Players to watch: By hitting the target against Brazil and Argentina, Luis Díaz has scored 50% of Colombia’s tournament goals – he also netted against Peru in April. Meanwhile, Peru’s Gianluca Lapadula has also scored twice in this tournament – both goals came between the 35th and 50th minute.
- Hot stat: Colombia have won four of their previous five CA third place play-off appearances, whilst Peru have won their previous two.