Match Preview: Qatar 0-1 USA Prediction and Betting Tips | Gold Cup
Qatar – USA Prediction and Tips for today, July 30, 2021
Football: NORTH & CENTRAL AMERICA: Gold Cup – Play Offs – Semi-finals
Kick-off: 00:30 Qatar – USA
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Qatar – USA Match Preview
- Qatar’s inaugural Gold Cup (GC) adventure continues after the 2022 World Cup hosts overcame El Salvador 3-2 at the quarter-final stage to set up a semi-final showdown with hosts USA in Texas. Here though, despite enjoying a stellar GC campaign so far (W3, D1), Félix Sánchez’s side enter as underdogs for the first time in the competition as they battle it out with the six-time champions.
- The Maroon’s success has been built upon a frontline that has returned 12 goals in their four 2021 GC matches, pushing their goal scoring average to 2.25 strikes per game over 12 unbeaten internationals (W10, D2). There are key defensive weaknesses though as Qatar have conceded five times in their four 2021 GC matches, including three versus lowly Panama in the group opener. Equally uninspiring, their last victory against a side currently ranked better than the USA came back in November 2018 (1-0 vs Switzerland).
- A late Matthew Hoppe strike was enough to see USA past plucky Jamaica in the quarter-finals, a victory that subsequently saw them extend their winning run to seven internationals. If they can grab another win here in what will be the first-ever H2H meeting, the ‘USMNT’ would reach an incredible eighth GC final in their last nine attempts dating back to 2005.
- Impressively since taking over the USA managerial reins in December 2018, Gregg Berhalter has now accumulated a 90.91% win-rate from his ten GC matches in charge (W9, L1). That figure looks likely to improve further here, given the fact the USA have conceded an average of just 0.30 goals per match over their last ten GC fixtures (W9, L1).
- Players to watch: Qatar midfielder Abdulaziz Hatem has scored three times in four GC appearances, two of those coming before the 12th minute. Meanwhile, USA’s Daryl Dike has three goals in his last five internationals, including a brace against Martinique during the group stage.
- Hot stat: Since February 2017, these two sides have combined for just one 0-0 scoreline in 95 international matches.
Match Preview: Everton - Aston Villa Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Eintracht Frankfurt 0-2 Arminia Bielefeld Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Match Preview: Ivory Coast 3-1 Algeria Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Clermont 0-2 Strasbourg Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1