Match Preview: Mexico Ol. 3-1 Japan Ol. Prediction and Betting Tips | Olympic Games
Mexico Ol. – Japan Ol. Prediction and Tips for today, August 6, 2021
Football: Olympic Games – Play Offs – 3rd place
Kick-off: 12:00 Mexico Ol. – Japan Ol.
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 LOST
Mexico Ol. – Japan Ol. Match Preview
- Ahead of this duel for bronze, Mexico are aiming to clinch a second medal in three Olympics after their gold in 2012. If the prospect of another medal wasn’t enough to fire ‘El Tri’ up, the opportunity to exact some revenge for their group stage H2H loss will be!
- Where Mexico’s fixtures at Tokyo 2020 are concerned, the scorer of the opening goal has gone on to win every game barring their goalless semi-final. That puts emphasis on the importance of a strong start, especially after Mexico conceded twice in the opening 11 minutes of the group stage H2H.
- As such, defensive improvement will be key in the early minutes, especially given that Jaime Lozano’s men have conceded six goals in their five games so far. That said, they’ve lost just once in 90 minutes despite the two-way traffic (W3, D1, L1).
- Whilst Japan’s golden dreams are over after a 240-minute scoreless run, they can take positives from the tournament no matter what happens here. After back-to-back goalless draws for the host nation, Hajime Moriyasu’s men are yet to be beaten within 90 minutes (W3, D2), and they’ve conceded just once in regulation time.
- Despite the recent goal drought, Japan can draw upon the game plan that saw them make such a strong start to the group stage H2H (W 2-1). Should that fail though, they also have a clear ability to frustrate, with Japan’s opponents on the day receiving 3+ cards in each of the Samurai Blue’s last four Olympic matches.
- Players to watch: Mexico’s Alexis Vega has enjoyed a strong Tokyo 2020 campaign, and stands as El Tri’s joint-top goal contributor with two goals and as many assists. Meanwhile, PSV and Japan’s Ritsu Dōan both scored and assisted during the opening 11 minutes in the group stage H2H at this very stadium.
- Hot stat: Two-thirds (12) of the previous 18 post-war bronze medallists have beaten a -1 handicap in their third-place playoff.
Match Preview: Everton - Aston Villa Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Eintracht Frankfurt 0-2 Arminia Bielefeld Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Match Preview: Ivory Coast 3-1 Algeria Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Clermont 0-2 Strasbourg Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1