Match Preview: Manchester Utd 5-1 Leeds Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Manchester Utd – Leeds Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, August 14, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 1
Kick-off: 12:30 Manchester Utd – Leeds
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 5:1 WON!!!
Manchester Utd – Leeds Match Preview
- For the first time since 1970/71, a Roses derby features in the opening round of an English top-flight calendar. Memorably, Manchester United aced this fixture 6-2 last season, to help record the highest-scoring H2H of all time, and keep alive an unbeaten league H2H run at Old Trafford spanning back four decades (W10, D6).
- Clearly meaning business for 2021/22, Man United are set to debut their 21-year old marquee signing Jadon Sancho. The former Dortmund man arrives with an impressive win-rate of 81.25% from 32 goalscoring Bundesliga matches (W26, D6) and bags of game-changing pace.
- Yet, for all their expectations, Man United will chase a first Premier League (PL) title since 2012/13 with particular verve this season, as a failure to win any silverware will see the club equal their longest trophy drought since an agonising relegation back in 1973/74!
- Visitors Leeds United finished a respectable ninth back in May, ending their first top-flight season since 2003/04 with four straight wins. For better or worse, they were fearless from day one last campaign, when they equalised three times in a 4-3 loss at Anfield, setting the tone for them to draw none of their PL away games (W10, L9) during 2020/21.
- Leeds also averaged more goals scored per PL away game (1.79) than at home (1.47). Yet, they were often caught out early when travelling, with only one side conceding more first-half goals than the ‘Whites’ (21) in PL away matches last term.
- Players to watch: Lethal in the red of United, Bruno Fernandes bagged 18 PL goals last term, with four of his last five being team openers. However, the sight of red may enrage a bullish Jack Harrison, who has now permanently signed for Leeds after scoring in eight games during 2020/21, of which five produced over 3.5 total goals!
- Hot streak: Man United’s previous five PL opening day wins saw them lead 1-0 at HT.