Liverpool – Burnley Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, August 21, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 2
Kick-off: 12:30 Liverpool – Burnley
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 LOST
Liverpool – Burnley Match Preview
- Liverpool put any doubts from last season firmly behind them, with a 3-0 trouncing of Norwich that will forever be etched in history as Roberto Firmino’s goal was Liverpool’s 8000th in league football! It was also a case of new season, same Salah, as the Reds’ Egyptian king became the first player to score in five consecutive Premier League (PL) opening day games!
- Despite currently being on an 11-game unbeaten PL run (W9, D2) – the longest in the division – the Anfield faithful suffered sleepless nights last season after visitors Burnley ended Liverpool’s 68-game unbeaten PL home streak in the last H2H here, a result that sparked Liverpool’s worst run of consecutive home league defeats across their 129-year history (six). An early Burnley goal here may cause déjà vu, but home fans will know Liverpool’s 12 rescued points when conceding first at home last season was a league-high (W4, L6).
- Burnley opened their 2021/22 campaign with a disappointing 2-1 defeat vs Brighton, despite opening the scoring, a trend last season which cost them 16 crucial points (D2, L4). Now on a four-game losing streak, history of their own potentially awaits as they’ve never lost five PL games in a row.
- Whilst the ‘Clarets’ have won their first away league game of a new campaign just twice in the last 14 attempts (D3, L9), they will believe records are meant to be broken, as a win here would be their first back-to-back set of away league wins against Liverpool since their first two attempts in 1894/95 and 1896/97!
- Players to watch: Liverpool’s Firmino has five goals and an assist in his last six PL appearances against Burnley, whose Kiwi born Chris Wood scored 83.33% of his PL goals last season during the first half.
- Hot stat: Liverpool have lost their opening home league fixture only twice since 1966/67 (W45, D8), and have won each of the last eight.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips: