Match Preview: Lyon 3-3 Clermont Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1
Lyon – Clermont Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, August 22, 2021
Football: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 3
Kick-off: 12:00 Lyon – Clermont
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:3 LOST
Lyon – Clermont Match Preview
- Lyon’s start to the season went from bad to worse with a 3-0 hammering at Angers last round, ending their historic 19-game Ligue 1 (L1) scoring streak, and placing them at risk of going winless in the first three fixtures of a L1 season for the first time since 2000/01. It might still be early days, but last season’s second highest scorers are clearly missing the services of Memphis Depay, who contributed 39.51% of Lyon’s L1 goals last campaign.
- They will hope for an uptick in home form, considering more points were won away last season than at home (36 vs 40). No clean sheets in their last four L1 home fixtures (W1, D1, L2) is a concern, but question their toughness at your peril, as ‘Les Gones’ averaged a league-high 1.27 points when conceding first last campaign.
- Clermont, in contrast, could not have dreamed of a better start to their debut top-flight campaign – two wins, two clean sheets and a chance at becoming only the fourth-ever team to win their very first three L1 games, and the first to do so without conceding!
- ‘Les Lanciers’ are on a scoring run of their own, finding the net in their last ten league matches (W7, D1, L2). Patient in their approach, both of their wins this season came after a drawn first half, changing up the trend from their Ligue 2 campaign last season, where no team won more points than Clermont’s 49 when leading at HT (W16, D1, L1).
- Players to watch: Four of Lyon’s Karl Toko Ekambi’s last five goal-scoring L1 games have seen him net the opener, while Mohamed Bayo has netted three of Clermont’s four goals this L1 season, with 72% of his strikes during the last two seasons arriving in the second half.
- Hot stat: Lyon are undefeated in 13 home games against newly promoted opposition (W12, D1), scoring 3.2 goals per game on average.