Match Preview: Brondby 1-2 Salzburg Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League – Qualification
Brondby – Salzburg Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, August 25, 2021
Football: Champions League – Qualification – Final
Kick-off: 20:00 Brondby – Salzburg
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Brondby – Salzburg Match Preview
- These teams have a reputation for entertainment and the first leg, which saw the first goal scored in the fourth minute and the last in the 90th, didn’t disappoint. It was Danish champions Brøndby who fell to that late goal and lost 2-1, and must now turn that deficit around here if they’re to make the UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage for the first time since 1998/99. However, after progressing from only four of their previous 18 European ties when losing an away first leg, the Danes have the odds – and history – against them.
- Brøndby’s horrendous start to their title defence (D4, L2) has made headlines in Denmark, but a Covid outbreak at the club is partly to blame. Still, that form will do little morale-wise ahead of this clash, even if the 11-time Danish champions have lost just three of their previous 15 European home matches (W7, D5).
- Salzburg came from 1-0 down to win that first leg, and travel to Denmark top of the Austrian Bundesliga (W5) and on a 12-game competitive winning run. They’re now in pole position to secure a fourth UCL group stage appearance, and if they do, set a new Austrian appearance record that’s currently held by Sturm Graz.
- In a strange twist, Salzburg boss Matthias Jaissle once worked as Brøndby’s assistant manager, so may see this game as something of a homecoming. It could be a successful return too, as Salzburg have a 64.71% success rate in UEFA ties when winning a first leg at home.
- Players to watch: Mikael Uhre has scored Brøndby’s last three goals, all before HT. Exciting teenage forward Karim Adeyemi is also in good form and has been Salzburg’s first goalscorer in three of their previous four games, including the first leg.
- Hot stat: Eight of Salzburg’s last nine UCL games, and Brøndby’s previous four, all saw both teams score and over 2.5 goals.