Match Preview: Cardiff 1-2 Bristol City Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Cardiff – Bristol City Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, August 28, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 5
Kick-off: 12:30 Cardiff – Bristol City
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Cardiff – Bristol City Match Preview
- Cardiff City maintained their unbeaten start with a 3-1 victory over Millwall last round, in a game that saw all four goals arrive after the 65th minute. In fact, all 12 goals seen in their Championship games so far have arrived after HT! Another remarkable stat is that all eight of the ‘Bluebirds’ league goals have come from headers, an aerial threat which Bristol City will have to cope with.
- This is now Cardiff’s best four-game start to a league season since their last promotion (2017/18) when they went six unbeaten to start the campaign. Those four games also form part of a streak of ten league fixtures without defeat (W4, D6) and avoiding a reversal here would see them match an 11-game run from January-March.
- It has been a turbulent start for Bristol with just one league win and a demoralising cup defeat highlighting their plight. In fact, the ‘Robins’ have won just three Championship games under coach Nigel Pearson (W3, D4, L11) and the misery could continue as he has a mere 25% win-rate in personal H2Hs with Cardiff!
- That sole victory this league campaign did come in their last road trip, which in turn halted a six-game winless away run. Their defensive frailties remain clear to see though, as Bristol have conceded 2+ goals in each of their last five competitive away games while they haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last seven, meaning they may need to score twice to get something from this game.
- Players to watch: Remarkably, Cardiff’s towering centre-back Aden Flint tops the scoring charts with back-to-back braces, all were second-half headers. Goals either side of HT from Andreas Weimann on matchday three secured Bristol’s only win since March.
- Hot stat: Cardiff boss Mick McCarthy saw his side on the day keep a clean sheet in just one of his last ten meetings with Bristol (W2, D3, L5).