Match Preview: Troyes 1-2 Monaco Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1
Troyes – Monaco Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, August 29, 2021
Football: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 4
Kick-off: 12:00 Troyes – Monaco
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Troyes – Monaco Match Preview
- Troyes secured their first points of the Ligue 1 (L1) season by holding onto a 1-1 draw against Strasbourg last time out. That result comes with negative connotations though, as the hosts have now failed to win any of their first three league games for the seventh time in ten top-flight seasons. To make matters worse, they’ve also conceded in each of their last 15 L1 games, the longest such streak in the competition.
- Fortunes will have to change soon if Troyes are to avoid an immediate relegation battle. Unfortunately, a visit from their opponents here doesn’t offer much optimism, as they’ve failed to win any of their previous ten L1 battles with Monaco (D3, L7), while conceding at least three goals in nine of the last 16 top-flight H2H matches (W2, D3, L11).
- The visitors therefore have the mental edge in this H2H, but confidence might not be sky-high after a poor start themselves, winning none of their first three L1 games as well (D1, L2). That puts Monaco at risk of failing to win any of their opening four games of a top-flight season for only the third time since 1987/88.
- While it’s still early days, replicating their top-three finish from last season already seems a challenge for Monaco. Opposing teams know the visitors are vulnerable at the back, as they’ve conceded their four L1 goals this season after facing only five shots on target! Their 2-0 loss to Lens last time out highlighted that, as Monaco failed to win in consecutive away matches for the first time in 2021.
- Players to watch: Troyes’ Tunisian talisman Yoann Touzghar has seen 66.67% of his league goals in the last three seasons arrive during the first half, while opposing centre-forward Wissam Ben Yedder scored on matchday four last season, kickstarting his journey to becoming Monaco’s top scorer that term.
- Hot stat: Monaco picked up 75.56% of the league points on offer when starting as away favourites last season (W11, D1, L3).
Match Preview: Everton - Aston Villa Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Eintracht Frankfurt 0-2 Arminia Bielefeld Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Match Preview: Ivory Coast 3-1 Algeria Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Clermont 0-2 Strasbourg Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1