Match Preview: Georgia 0-1 Kosovo Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Georgia – Kosovo Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 2, 2021
Football: World Cup – Qualification
Kick-off: 17:00 Georgia – Kosovo
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Georgia – Kosovo Match Preview
- Whilst much of the world has opened its doors, this World Cup Qualifier (WCQ) is taking place behind closed doors as Georgia continues efforts to halt rising Covid cases. This will be Georgia’s first-ever game at the new Batumi Stadium, and christening it with a win seems imperative if FIFA’s 91st ranked nation wants to keep in touch with Group B’s top three.
- Even with victory here, qualification may be a bridge too far for a country that’s never featured at a major finals in their history. However an opportunity arises here vs 115th ranked Kosovo, and they could take a step towards that historic aim should they keep up their strong recent record vs UEFA nations ranked outside of FIFA’s top 100 (W6, D2). Six of those games saw them lead at HT.
- A relatively young footballing nation, Kosovo have started their WCQ campaign with two defeats, and are yet to pick up a WCQ victory in their history (D1, L11). Despite their awful showing on this stage so far, they did claim some notable scalps during Euro qualifying, including wins over every side in their group except tournament runners-up England.
- Victories over Euro 2020 quarter-finalists Czech Republic, and a return of three goals vs England in their last Euro qualifying group, shows Kosovo have the ability to cause an upset here. However, the fact remains that they’ve scored just 0.33 goals on average across 12 WCQ games to this point, whilst conceding a sizeable 2.5.
- Players to watch: Giorgi Zaria plays for local side Batumi and could make his debut after registering two goals and an assist from his last six appearances. Three goals in Elbasan Rashani’s (KOS) last two games for club side Clermont Foot has contributed to their historic unbeaten start in Ligue 1 so far.
- Hot stat: Kosovo have faced an average of 23 goal attempts per match across their opening two WCQ games.
Match Preview: Wuhan FC - Guangzhou FC Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Meizhou Hakka 1-0 Shenzhen Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Dalian Pro 2-2 Changchun Yatai Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Kunshan 3-1 Nanjing City Prediction and Betting Tips | JIA LEAGUE