Match Preview: Armenia 1-1 Liechtenstein Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Armenia – Liechtenstein Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 8, 2021
Football: World Cup – Qualification
Kick-off: 17:00 Armenia – Liechtenstein
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Armenia – Liechtenstein Match Preview
- Armenia were on the end of a morale-damaging 6-0 defeat to Germany on Sunday, stretching their winless run in international fixtures to four games (D2, L2). That’ll undoubtedly be a concern for manager Joaquín Caparrós, yet he’ll take comfort knowing his side still sit second in Group J and remain on course to make their first-ever finals appearance at a World Cup.
- Getting back to winning ways will be a priority here though, and to do so, rediscovering their form in front of goal will be key. The hosts have found the back of the net just twice across their last four games, both of which came in the final 30 minutes of the match. Therefore, Group J’s bottom side Liechtenstein represent the perfect opponent given their lowly FIFA ranking (#189), 101 places worse than Armenia’s.
- Although huge underdogs and seemingly destined to finish bottom of the group, Liechtenstein may be hoping that getting something here is more than just a pipedream. They have a solid recent H2H record against their opponents all things considered, avoiding defeat in two of the last four meetings (D2, L2), and that’s despite conceding first in all four of those encounters.
- Whilst H2H form gives the visitors some hope here, recent overall form offers relatively little in comparison. That’s because the visitors have now lost nine of their last 11 encounters (D2), whilst eight of those fixtures also saw them fail to score. They also haven’t won an away WCQ match since October 2004!
- Players to watch: Although he’s not been able to translate it into international form yet, Armenia starman Henrikh Mkhitaryan has registered three-goal contributions (one goal, two assists) in his last four matches for Roma. He’ll oppose Yanik Frick who scored for Liechtenstein in March, and against Armenia in a 1-1 draw back in October 2019.
- Hot streak: Armenia have scored in between 51’ – 60’ minutes in three straight home matches.
Match Preview: Wuhan FC - Guangzhou FC Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Meizhou Hakka 1-0 Shenzhen Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Dalian Pro 2-2 Changchun Yatai Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Kunshan 3-1 Nanjing City Prediction and Betting Tips | JIA LEAGUE