Argentina – Bolivia Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 10, 2021
Argentina – Bolivia Match Preview
- In the most bizarre circumstances, Argentina’s away clash against Brazil was abandoned just minutes after kick-off following a reported breach of COVID regulations by key Premier League players. ‘La Albiceleste’ have since returned home minus their PL contingent, and are now looking to extend their otherwise unbeaten start to their World Cup Qualification (WCQ) campaign (W4, D3).
- The Copa América champions are on a red-hot seven-game winning streak, which is their best such run since 2015-16 (W9), albeit they have won just one of their last five WCQ home matches (W1, D4). There’s no better opponent than Bolivia to correct that record though, as Argentina have never lost a WCQ H2H home game (W9, D1), winning seven ‘to nil’.
- Bolivia are looking for only their fourth-ever World Cup finals appearance and a first since 1994, but the road to Qatar looks bleak without an oasis in sight. ‘La Verde’ have lost five of their last six games in all competitions and are only two points clear of rock bottom in the CONMEBOL WCQ standings. The light at the end of tunnel is that they’ve avoided defeat in four of their last five WCQ matches (W1, D3, L1) with all three draws coming after conceding first.
- However the visitors have an unwanted record of 58 WCQ away matches (D8, L50) without a win, stretching back to 1993! But they are at least capable of causing Argentina’s defence problems having netted in five of their last six WCQ away matches.
- Players to watch: Lionel Messi scored a first-half brace against Bolivia when these teams last met as he recorded a then record 148th appearance for Argentina. Bolivia’s scoring messiah could be Marcelo Moreno, the top-scorer of these qualifiers with eight goals including one in the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Eleven of Argentina’s last 12 WCQ home matches have produced under 2.5 goals, with six witnessing exactly two.