Sampdoria – Inter Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 12, 2021
Sampdoria – Inter Match Preview
- One of only two teams yet to score in this Serie A (SA) campaign, Sampdoria registered a hard-earned point before the international break, gaining a slight psychological advantage by moving away from the bottom of the table. Still, a point (D1, L1) represents a better two-game start to a new season for the Genoa-based club than in the previous two years.
- Whilst it’s a good omen that Sampdoria have failed to win their opening two home league matches just once since their return to the top-flight in 2012, seven losses in the last eight meetings with Inter Milan (W1) doesn’t inspire much hope. Expect some drama too given that there have been three penalties awarded across the last four H2Hs held here.
- The defending champions started their campaign with consecutive victories by a margin of 2+ goals, therefore new boss Simone Inzaghi will be more than satisfied. They have a big Champions League match against Real Madrid on the horizon, yet the ‘Nerazzurri’s’ main focus for now will be securing a perfect three game SA start, something achieved in two of the previous four years.
- Inter won in Verona last time out despite trailing at HT after hitting three unanswered second half strikes – this is hardly surprising though as the visitors topped the second-half away table last term (W12, D6, L1). A focus on a stronger defensive performance might take precedent here though, as six of their previous eight away matches featured both teams scoring.
- Players to watch: New signing Francesco Caputo will be looking for his first strike for Sampdoria after netting 11+ SA goals in each of his last three top-flight seasons. He may take inspiration from Joaquín Correa, who became the first player to score twice on his debut for Inter since Giampaolo Pazzini in 2011.
- Hot stat: Inter have scored before HT in only three of their last eight away league matches.