Getafe – Elche Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 13, 2021
Getafe – Elche Match Preview
- Losing their opening three La Liga (LL) matches of the campaign whilst only scoring one goal, Getafe already find themselves joint-bottom of Spain’s top flight as their torrid form in 2021 continues. Returning just five wins from 26 LL matches this calendar year (D6, L15), their supporters will already be wondering if this clash against Elche could turn out to be a potential relegation six-pointer come the end of the campaign.
- Granted, those three opening losses have come against strong opposition in the form of Barcelona, Valencia and Sevilla but a lack of real investment over the summer plus the loss of Marc Cucurella to Brighton is a cause for concern. Positivity can at least be found in the recent H2H history, Getafe having lost just one of their last six LL matches versus Elche (W2, D3).
- Like their hosts, Elche have also struggled in the early exchanges of this new LL campaign (D2, L1). Surviving relegation last season by just two points, the visitors need to improve quickly, especially considering they’ve averaged just 0.8 goals across their last ten top-flight matches.
- Things don’t get any better when focusing on away form either as Elche have now won just one of their last 18 LL games on the road (D4, L13). Just as alarming, the visitors have kept just one clean sheet across that streak, whilst a summer transfer window that saw little first-team quality brought into the backline won’t have put their fans at ease ahead of another likely difficult campaign.
- Key battle: Getafe’s Sandro Ramírez scored last time out against Barcelona, yet the striker hasn’t netted in consecutive club matches since May 2017. New Elche goalkeeper Kiko Casilla will be hoping to stop him here, but he’s kept just two clean sheets in his last ten senior club appearances.
- Hot stat: Getafe have received exactly three cards in five of their last seven home LL matches, including at home to Elche last season.