Match Preview: Besiktas 1-2 Dortmund Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Besiktas – Dortmund Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 15, 2021
Football: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 1
Kick-off: 17:45 Besiktas – Dortmund
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Besiktas – Dortmund Match Preview
- Turkish champions Besiktas make their long-awaited return to the UEFA Champions League (UCL) with their first appearance since 2017/18. Sat top of the Turkish Süper Lig after four matches this season (W3, D1), a plethora of new faces have been brought to the club this summer as Sergen Yalcin’s side look to upset the odds and qualify from a tough Group C.
- They start by hosting arguably the toughest opposition in the group in Borussia Dortmund, a side they’ve been beaten by in both previous H2Hs, which has contributed to Besiktas’ poor overall UCL record against German sides, winning just two of 11 previous meetings (D1, L8). In fact, the hosts have won just one of their previous ten UCL home matches (D5, L4 – excluding qualifiers), so this could prove to be a long evening.
- Visiting Dortmund arrive in Istanbul on the back of a sensational 4-3 victory on the road against Bayer Leverkusen. In red-hot form, the away side have won three of their four Bundesliga matches this season (L1), all whilst scoring three or more times. In fact, Dortmund have now scored more than three goals in nine of their previous 11 competitive fixtures and their fans will be expecting more of the same on UCL matchday one.
- Only failing to find the net in one of their last 15 UCL matches, Marco Rose’s side are unbeaten in their last five group stage matches in this competition (W4, D1) and will have their eyes already firmly set on top spot in Group C.
- Players to watch: Besiktas striker Michy Batshuayi scored a brace last time out; he’s also scored four UCL goals in his career at an average of one every 138 minutes. Meanwhile, Dortmund’s Erling Haaland enjoys a fantastic record in the UCL, scoring 14 goals in ten group stage appearances.
- Hot stat: Dortmund picked up just one yellow card in their six UCL group stage matches last season.